So, I set up my motorcycle as usual, carrying the light rig, that is: FT-817ND, LiFePO4 12v 8Ah, 10 mtrs wire, 3,5 fishing pole and Fusch kit QRP antenna tunner. It was one hour trip going not too fast, as there were a lot of people cycling on this roads at weekends.
|Udalatx from Murugain|
Even better, despite the weather predictions, the sun was heating pretty well, with no trace of clouds, and only a light wind at the summit.
I finally managed to contact with 8 of them across 4 EA2 territories:I don't know if there were more people up over there, but it was definitely the best 144 mhz day I've enjoyed untill today.
- Iratxe EA2DNO & Alberto EA2DCA at Montejurra EA2/NV-090
- Antonio EC2AG at Altun EA2/BI-026
- Juan Carlos EA2EEB at Larrunarri EA2/SS-002
- Alberto EA2DYS and Roberto EA2DXY at EA2/NV-015
- Iñigo EA2CQ at Orisol EA2/VI-014 (he was with Cruz EA2EBX but I couldn't contact him)
- Salvador EA2OX at Eretza EA2/BI-016
Then I use the iron cross on the summit to tie the "short" 10 m wire to make some HF CW. A fast passing thru by 10 and 18 mhz, as my antenna was not very well fitted, gave me 20-25 QSO's more, including several old known ones as Tonnie PA9CW (nice to meet you again!) Roy G4SSH (twice) and the "always-in-the-front-line" Rick N4EX.
In the meanwhile, I met Carlos EB2CZT from Legutio, who was enjoying the beautiful day with his wife, and we had the chance of chatting about... radio, of course!
73 de Mikel EA2CWEuskal Herriko Mendiak